Sunday, July 11, 2010

Golden God

Oh my. The golden god that is Robert Plant.
I have to admit that in my fondest day dreams, I imagine that he is my father and we ride around in the Led Zeppelin- mobile all through the English country side together...

Anyways, in connection with my favourite vocalist (like Tori Amos), I must bring up my #1 which is Robert Plant. His voice is just pure ecstasy and magic. I don't care what type of music he is singing, whether it's with Led Zeppelin or country with Alison Krauss, his voice is beyond epic. I love him so much, that I am rendered to childlike words, like saying that he is epic. No one can touch him vocally. That's all I can say.

Some other great vocalists that I truly enjoy, in the ranks of Robert, maybe, are:

Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother. The track he does with Slash ("By the sword") is just spellbinding.

Adam Lambert. He has a crazy, crazy vocal range. He is sassy, sexy, glam, and I am so glad he has severed his ties from American Idol.

Cedric Bixler- Xavala from The Mars Volta and At the Drive-In. He is exhilarating. So much energy and power rolled into a sexy Mexican singing machine. Who else can wail like him and sound sexy? Try singing along to "Goliath". Just try.

Pink. She is often overlooked because she is not a diva like Mariah Carey or Beyonce, but she is more real. Pink is quite a powerful vocalist and she is so real, it hurts to listen to her music. She rips out my heart with her emotional singing.

Anthony Keidis. Another overlooked vocalist. I know he wouldn't be on most peoples top list, but he is one of my most beloved. When he sings "Scar Tissue" I feel it. He started out rapping and now has grown into a true blue vocalist. Such a veteran.

And last, not least Julian Casablancas. I didn't realize I was so in love with his voice until he was absent for 4 years and then he release a solo album. It felt so good to hear that wonderful voice on some new tracks. And now I can't get enough. He has such a iconic voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment