Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Don't Speak Simpleton, Sorry...

So apparently I don't speak Simpleton and that I also shouldn't be working in the service industry. Well, at least that's what I have been told as of late. Recently, at work, where I am employed by a Mondo corporation as a lowly Barista, I was told by a customer that I "shouldn't be working with the public"

This is how it went down:

The customer (male, middle aged, driving a restored Red GMC truck) blows past the speaker (Where most people place their order in the Drive-Thru) and pulls up directly to the window. I greet him and say "You missed the speaker." He replies: "Yeah. well....I don't drink this shit. It's for my wife. I don't know what she said. Some words. I don't know." I then ask what I could get for him. He repeats again that he doesn't drink this shit and then says "Give me some words. Give me the longest word you got." I offer some suggestions but no really I am not giving out the right words or options for this gentleman. I give out some more words but no none of them are right that I have listed. He then says that "The girls guessed it right last time." So I reply that perhaps maybe he should "get his wife to write it down next time." This pisses him off cuz I can't read his mind so I ask the other girl working in the drive thru if she knows. She takes a guess and the first thing she lists ( a Caramel Macchiatto) is the correct one (even though it was one of the options that I had first listed off). He then says "This girl knows what she is talking about. You wern't any help!". I had then had enough of this Redneck so I left the window. My co worker handed out his shit drink and he then told her that I shouldn't be "working with the public." 

I now aplogize to the general public for being so overly offensive at all time and for serving them piece of shit beverages daily. From this Rednecks statement I have now decided that I will refrain from "working with the public" for as long as I shall live. I have now decided to never venture out in public, and will work from the confines of my lair(home). I additionally apologize for not having the ability to understand the Simpleton dialect as well as lacking the ability to speak it. "Me talk good english!"






No comments:

Post a Comment