Friday, May 29, 2009

Not so Lonely anymore

This post is dedicated to The Lonely Island, my current obsession.

http://www.thelonelyisland.com/contact/

These dudes are hilarious and I have loads of respect for their creativity and the shit they have created so far. They have single handedly revamped SNL (mainly with the digital shorts) and created some of the most popular viral videos to date ("I'm on a Boat", "Jizz in my pants", "Lazy Sunday", "Dick in a box"... etc.) And not to mention the greatness that is Hot Rod., which tanked at the box office but is kind of becoming an underground cult classic. The lonely Island has me hooked in a major way, not to mention the obsession within an obsession I have with Andy Samberg. He is gorgeous beyond belief, and he is also hosting the MTV Movie Awards this Sunday so tune in!

"I'm on a boat" is becoming a cultural phenomenon. People all over are treating it along with "Jizz in my pants" as a top 40 hit and are blasting it from their cars and dancing to it at clubs. And speaking of clubs, I was at this highly respectable club last month and when "I'm on a boat" came on, 2 of the tranny ambassadors that prowl that club got up on the speakers and danced around. Trannys dancing to "I'm on a Boat!" This is my dream in a nutshell.

Speaking of The Lonely Island hits, my all time favorite song/video has to be "Stork Patrol". It is definitely the most catchy, and it's fucking hilarious. My only question is who is in that sexy bird suit?

My love runs deep for these dudes and I only hope that they go on to create more works of genius. But when I look into my crystal ball, I forsee that they will eventually split up (in the next 3 years) and go onto stardom in their own right. Especially Mr. Samberg, who I think is already quite legit.


No comments:

Post a Comment