Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gonzo Style Quotes

Spoken from a true genius, here are some random quotes
from an Hunter S. Thompson article.

"Most of use are living here because we like the idea of being able to walk out our front doors and smile at what we see. On my own front porch I have a palm tree growing in a blue toilet bowl, and on occasion I like to wander outside, stark naked, and fire my .44 magnum at various gongs I've mounted on the nearby hillside. I like to load up on mescaline and turn my amplifier up to 110 decibels for a taste of 'White Rabbit' while the sun comes up on the snow peaks along the Continental Divide."

"No more huge, space-killing apartment buildings to block the view of anybody who might want to look up from any downtown street and see the mountains. No more land rapes, no more busts for flute playing or blocking the sidewalk...fuck the tourists, dead-end the highway, zone the greedheads out of existence and in general create a town where people could live like human beings, instead of slave to some bogus sense of Progress that is driving us all mad."

No comments:

Post a Comment