Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Word Up!

This was a random convo I had with one of classmates the other day. Enjoy.

P: I was listening to my ipod yesterday to all these songs my ex boyfriend put on it for me. All the songs were sex music.
Me: Well what do you mean sex music? What were the songs?
P: Well one of the groups was techno kind of and had a weird name with a hole bunch of letters in it and the song was called "Word up."
(Pause here)
Me(while laughing): I think you are talking about MSTRKRFT. Their name is in all caps right?
P: Yeah. I think that's it.
Me: How is that sex music?
P: Well the lyrics in that song were like "Get Fucked, get fucked, do it hard."
Me: And you think that is sex music?
P:Yeah.
Me(laughing again): I thought sex music was more like Barry White. You know like "Let's get it on." More sensual.
P: Well what are the lyrics about then?
Me: They're just lyrics. Besides it's not like you need to get lubed up to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment