Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1 of 28 Days of Warhol

Day 1:
To commemorate this epic month I ordered a book from Amazon.com called Andy Warhol: Giant Size. I saw it in the bookstore and almost exploded when I looked at the glossy pages, but I had to order it online instead.

It arrived at my mailing address via UPS 3 days ago. I was pumped and busted open the box. My family came over to check out my parcel, and they were not impressed. I believe my mom said "Andy Warhol is a freak" or something to that effect.

This is the same reaction that I received from my family when I took them to check out an Andy Warhol exhibit. My dad saw some penis sketches, and then told me he was going to wait outside on a bench.

Anyways, the front calls it a "comprehensive visual biography of one of art's greatest personalities" and says "extraordinary insight into his world of glamour, sex, and fame." Just from these statements, I know this is the book for me. It weighs 9 pounds on its own. It's such a beast, but I can't wait to look though it intensely. I may end up cutting out some of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment