Monday, May 3, 2010

Hand In Glove

The 90's upbringing. Awesome cartoons like Inspector Gadget, Dunkaroo's and Pogs. Although, being a 90's child does have it's drawbacks, like missing out on crucial 80's music. Since I am technically a 90's child, I am late on experiencing the Smiths. I wish it wasn't so.

The Smiths bring that slowly drowning in your own pool of sorrow sound that I like. It's most likely the vocals that bring the effect. The Smiths was the time period when Morrissey was an attractive piece.

My friend says that when she listens to the Smiths, especially the track "Hand in Glove" she feels like suffocating herself in her pillow. That's intense, but that's what the music brings up; intense emotions and tears. I relate The Smiths to Interpol, not sound wise, but rather for the fact that when I hear the music, I imagine dying to that particular track. It's odd to imagine, not suicidal, but romantic. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic...


No comments:

Post a Comment