Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pretty Little Ditty


Every summer, I feel the urge to re-read "Scar Tissue", Anthony Kiedis's memoir. It's full of drug tales and musical love. The basic love, sex, rock and roll story. I'm not sure why this is a summer must read, but it is. My mind works like this: summer+ sunshine= California. And California + music= Califonication, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Some music just eludes summer like: Reggae and House, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Once the snow clears I'm blasting my summer tunes from my car.
But when the snow is knee deep, I'm listening to some dark tunes, usually metal, hard rock, and Swedish pop, like the Knife, Avenged Sevenfold, H.I.M. Anything Scandinavian.

My musical choices depend on my moods. My moods sadly are controlled by the weather. Thankfully summer is here and thank the stars for the magic of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The above video is a live clip of "Pretty Little Ditty" in 1990. If the one riff sounds familiar, don't be alarmed. Your remember that song "Butterfly" by Crazytown more than a few years ago? Either they "sampled" that riff or stole it. The resemblance is uncanny. Anyways, I'm digging Anthony's dance moves in this video so much. He makes me melt.



No comments:

Post a Comment