Monday, February 20, 2012

Wake Up Dead



Everyday I wake up, I'm discovering new music. Genres hold no bounds for me. I am comfortable listening to some 70's sold gold country just as I am with thrash metal, Swedish electro house, and dub rock. Whatever sounds good to me, as corny as that sounds, goes.

Every once in a while I go through musical phases. December was a trill wave. January was early 60's kitsch rock and The Smiths. And February is shaping up to be Thrash Metal month.

My sister and I had the pleasure attending Megatour on Saturday night where Motorhead and Megadeth played to a steamed up, drunken crowd. We loved getting soaked with sweat and wound up with neck injuries for the next two days from hitting it too hard. And I found my new obsession.

I actually went to the show stoked to see Lemmy in all his glory, growths and all. And he did not disappoint. But what I didn't know is how polarizing Dave Mustaine from Megadeth would be. He has a gorgeous mane of hair and a voice that is so cartoon like I can't help but laugh when he talks. I was surprised and now I am frankly obsessed. So in commencement to this new obsession, I would like to bring back the Rock Gods segment starting with Mr. Mustaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment