Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On the Road Again



Second night at my new apartment. And surprisingly I may be the noisiest person in this complex. This literally is my sixth move in a year. I feel like I have moved so many times I am ready to establish myself.

And I feel like I can do that finally, now that I have a legit 9-5 job. Yes it does require some desk work, sitting and building up a timbit belly, but it also requires me to drive around, meet people and be outdoors, sometimes on someones farm, sometimes taking scenic photos of the surrounding area. And what more can I ask for? I am truly blessed and I hope to stay here for a while. Really settle in to this small town life style, just out of the reach of the big city, just close enough to the mountains.

I feel like I have so much more time in the day to do things. I don't feel the need to sit on my ass and watch TV all night. I got places to be. Things to see. Wine to drink. Yoga to do.

This is exactly what I need. I am so lucky to be here. Things really fell into place and I thank God for that.

This new apartment has some character. Fairly old school on the top floor with a balcony and a semi-mountain view. It has an extremely tacky kitchen and bathroom floor and some old school features. I think it has the perfect balance just like myself. Admiring the old school elements with a new school vision.

I plan to spend many days here, drinking coffee while the sun rises, sipping wine while the sun sets (or maybe a mojito) and possibly renting out my second room for the summer. My mom has already decided she is moving in for Easter break and possibly all of summer. What a treat. At least I have a bedroom for visitors to enjoy. It's nice to have that extra space.

As for Calgary, yes I will miss it. I will miss my friends, record stores, coffee shops, and pubs. But nothing really else. I like living at a slower pace. I like seeing trees when I look out the window. I like frolicing by the river without a hobo asking me for money for his sick daughter. Having space is def. a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment