Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New School Vibes


I am the lizard king, I can do anything...
This skate vid. by Supra and Thrasher brings all those skate memories back. The days when I use to shoot the shit with a whole bunch of dudes, skating, drinking beer, listening to Judas Priest tapes backwards, and generally being a shit disturber. Granted, I was not a great skater, I was a way better skate photographer, I still enjoy the skate lifestyle. Not the high octane X-Games pro-skater, but the low key, smoking j's and vibing with the concrete waves skater. This vid. encapsulates all of the beauty and passion behind legit skateboarding. Finding hidden spots, meeting people on the road, shotgunning beers and generally having a good time. This is the new school version of Lords of Dogtown, where the skaters are not trying to get rich but rather living a lifestyle of leisure and pleasure, where the true passion is at.

No comments:

Post a Comment