Tuesday, December 1, 2009

JFK- not the airport

Okay, okay this boy (man?) has got me hooked in a bad way. He is none other than Jesse Keeler of MSTRKRFT.

First, I fell in love with Death From Above 1979 a few years back. In high school my friends would play You're a woman, I'm a Machine at every party and we would throw down in the living room to it. I remember that ominous day when I had just made a custom DFA t-shirt earlier in the day, and when I got back to my place later on I found out DFA had broken up. I was devastated, but then my friend turned me on to MSTKRFT and explained Keeler was one part of the DJ duo.

I also remember the first time I heard MSTKRFT while driving around in that same friends car. It was like nothing I had ever heard, and it is still beyond epic.

Each time I see MSTKRFT live I have to fight the urge to bust up to Keeler and stroke that luscious mustache. I also have to fight the urge to attempt to get a swig out of that infamous Crown Royal bottle they bring to every gig. During the shows, Keeler lights cigarette after cigarette, so hence the accompanied photo. Beyond epic is the best description I can come up with for the beats Keeler produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment