Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ironing Paper


Are we just going through life's motions?
Are we just well bred 9-5 workers putting in time?
This short animated film is a masterpiece and has a fascinating view on "life".

My friend and I love it so much that we often reference it at out government job.
If we come across a task that seems pointless or a so called "make work project",
We say "it's just like ironing paper."

You see, when you watch this, you should catch on to a few key concepts:
1) We are all slaves to the fictious man, and we are all just putting in time, going through the motions society has set out for us.
2) One day, hopefully you should realize that nothing matters. And in this realization, you should conclude that if nothing matters, only the things that make you happy should matter.
3) The only way to break free from "ironing paper" is to seek out that things that make you happy in life.

I'm not sure about others, but I don't want to sit around and "iron paper" for a living. I want to live free and do the things that I love. That's why we are here in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment