Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teenage Day Dream


Oh to be sixteen again. To be the "teenage dream" that Katy Perry describes in this song. Skin tight jeans, lolly pops, and naivete.

When I was sixteen, I locked myself in my room with my guitar and notebook and wrote Avril Lavigne like longing for what I thought was love type of songs. I know some sixteen year olds were more advanced than I was. Take for example that movie Thirteen with Evan Rachel Wood. She was thirteen, out running on Melrose, dropping E and playing the choking game. That's intense for an adult, let alone a thirteen year old.

So the teenage dream myth continues. My teenage sister, who is in the throes of teenage love, has become a serial dater. I am yet again left with the same question I asked when I was sixteen: What is the point of all of this?




No comments:

Post a Comment