Sunday, November 21, 2010

Take My Hand


I knew tonight was ominous as we pre-drank to The Smiths.
That is not the best way to kick off a night out.
As Morrisey says:

"There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet someone who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die "

And "I would go out tonight
But I haven't got a stitch to wear"

So I knew it was ominous. As soon as I got home I played "How Soon is Now" the most beautiful song I have heard all day. I love the Smiths so much that I wish I could say they were part of my childhood just as Britney Spears and the Moffats. Unfortunately they are not, so I continue to seek information on them. Tomorrow I will go on a quest for the album "Meat is Murder" on vinyl and attempt to find a book on the Smiths or Morrisey himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment