Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yoshimi I'm Yours


"Do You Realize"- The Flaming Lips

I fall in and out of love with the lips. When I was 17 my best friend loved the lips and he specially ordered the lips album Zairekka that comes on for discs that you play simultaneously for mind blowing experiences. This was Phase One.

Phase Two was a year and a half later. I bought the EP Flight Test and fell in love with "Do You Realize." I grooved on it for a few months and then pushed it aside.

Phase Three was most epic. A few years later I went to an outdoor music festival, and the lips were there. For the show I was up quite close to the stage, and Wayne rolled over me in his bubble. The lips shot out all of this confetti with some type of gun while "Do You Realize" was playing. The way the confetti fell through the air was enchanting. I was in love once again.

Phase Four is now; again a few years later. I began following Wayne on twitter and I have fallen in love again. His tweets are witty and psychedelic. But, by far the best part of following Wayne is his doodles. I sent him a tweet expressing my love, and he direct messaged me back saying "Thanks!" I almost exploded. What a nice guy! What epic doodles! I love the Flaming Lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment