Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chestnut Mare

Dear friends,


I'm very sorry for the lack of posts and social media action, but it is only in result of my "free" internet ran away from me a month ago. So today, I've found some wifi and some time to do some updates.


I've been plowing, slowly at times, through Keith Richards book Life. It has become a true part of me. Everytime I read a biography, I feel like I become a part of that person. It has happened with Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Pamela DeBarres, and Anthony Keidis, and now Keith Richards. And i will take that in stride. I would love to be Keith Richards. A true lover of music. A modern day pirate dandy. A truly talented and blessed soul.


I have also been connecting with my inner "crafter", coloring some velvet pictures and, inspired by The Monterey Pop Festival 67', a yarn craft. Photos are to follow. I finally completed my first dream catcher and I am now onto my second. It was harder to make than I thought. My first dream catcher looks very earthy and traditional. I am very proud.


My love of the desert, south west, cowboys and Navajo things is growing. Turquoise is becoming part of my soul and it is beginning to influence my clothing choices.


I constantly say "Party on Wayne" for no reason. Like I am in search of my "Party on Garth" soul mate.


Cassettes are making a comeback, which to me, seems more logical that vinyl. Most people might still own a cassette player. For vinyl, some hipsters had to run out and buy a brand new turn table.


My friend and I have been busting around my hometown in a early 90's mini van, blasting our cassettes as loud as we can. Our collection includes: Guns n' Roses, KISS, the Offspring, The Band, Neil Young and many others.


This weekend should be full of shenanigans. I am attending a famous family wedding which should bring many stories and photos, and hopefully more blog posts.


Peace up until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment