Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Girl Next Door



Dolly Parton

Dolly grew up in Tennesse, dirt poor which inspired "Coat of many colours"

What I love about her is that she is a self made woman-

came from nothing, now a star with her own theme park (Dollywood)

Her hits include "I will always love you" and "Jolene," my personal fav.

She also stared in 9 to 5 and The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.


Some quotes:


"I look just like the girls next door... if you happen to live next door to an amusement park."


"I modelled my looks on the town tramp."


"I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that."


"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."


"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."


"It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."


"My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order."


"Storms make trees take deeper roots."


"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."


"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"

No comments:

Post a Comment