Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fear of the Big Yellow Unknown

I have severe taxi paranoia. I'm not sure where this stems from, but it is quite severe. In the past five years, I have only rode in a taxi three times:

1) Once to ride from the airport to my hotel. It was late, jet lag etc.

2) My roommate bought tickets for a movie, and we were running late, so he forced me into the cab so we could get to the theatre on time.

And 3) this past monday. My companion had blisters and couldn't walk any farther downtown to our destination. So again I was forced into the cab.

I avoid cab's at all cost. This means I will walk rediculous amounts of city blocks to get somewhere and endure horrendous public transit rides. It doesn't matter the consequence. I will not ride in a cab unless I am forced in or there is no other options and plan A to Y fails, hence plan Z, ride in taxi.


No comments:

Post a Comment