Sunday, March 14, 2010

If I Were a 14 Year Old Girl

If I was a 14 year old girl, I would definitely be into Never Shout Never.
Christofer Drew records under the alias Never Shout Never, and sings emotionally jarring songs on his guitar. Rolling Stone calls him "Emo's Awkward Prince." I wouldn't label him emo, but I would label his music as something a 14 year old girl would listen to in her room while she draws hearts with a sharpie onto her arms.

In the Rolling Stone write up, Drew somewhat enticed me into checking out his music. The tracks "What is love?" and "On the brightside" are pretty tight.

The one thing that Drew said that got me was this:
"I like to go to Waffle House and read, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes all day." Who doesn't want to do that? It's pretty much my ultimate day except replace Waffle House with IHOP and we are in business!


No comments:

Post a Comment