Monday, March 29, 2010

Let's do the THYME WARP again...

Roller derby is all the craze in my house.
It all began with that Drew Barrymore epic WHIP IT, and it has now expanded into attending games, buying merch and supplies, and thinking up derby names for one self. Shame on you Ellen Page for playing a misfit girl who gets enraptured into the world of roller derby so well that it has convinced my 16 year old sister that she can do the same.

My sister has coined the derby name "Animal- Crack-her" for herself. Mine is less fierce.I suggested that my derby name be "Thyme Warp" as in connection with my blog and internet persona. At games, when the announcer introduces me to the crowd, Biker Bill the DJ would put on the song "Time Warp" from The Rock Horror Picture Show. I would skate around to it and then stop and do that dance. Yes, it sounds perfect in my mind, but my sister told me, it's not fierce enough.

My second choice would be "Malice in Wonderland" and ode to Snoop Dogg and my dear friend Alice who fell down the rabbit hole. But i'm quite positve this name is taken, so this leaves me without a fierce derby name. I'm left without an identity...



No comments:

Post a Comment