Monday, January 24, 2011

Rastafari Love


"Hold You"- Gyptian
One of my fav. Jamaican artists.

Today for a class I had to read an editorial in front of the class about the legalization of marijuana. Like usual, my writing does not take the typical route. I busted out some philosophy and rastafari references. I even quoted Peter Tosh, which to my dismay, so did a beautiful hipster boy. I was thinking, "shit someone else has game." During my classmates readings, all I could think about is how they are all pro legalization, but how many have them smoked a joint in the past 24 hrs? I can say that I have and I don't really care about legalization of marijuana, as I should, and do, have free choice anyways.

Back to the initial thread- In research for the article I learned about the Rastafari culture and that "Rastafarianism" is kind of a derogatory term. And I began to think about how some people have told me reggae is "stoner" music or particular to a certain race.

Music is blind. It is blind to race. Anyone can connect to. Reggae is for anyone who has a soul. I feel it, and so should you...

No comments:

Post a Comment