Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Style and Inspiration








When I think about Style Icons only a few ladies come to mind:
Kate Moss-her coked out eyes and leopard print coats.
Mary Kate Olson- the bag lady look.
Krystal Simpson- rock and roll 70's inspiration. We are soul mates.
Edie Sedgwick- Again the factory girl look, twiggy eyes, silver and gold, stripes and
leopard print, damaged goods.
Anita Pallenberg- I don't know a lot about her yet but
she is fab. in her fur coats and in Performance.
Penny Lane in Almost Famous- Everything about her.
Pamela Debarres- the flowers in her hair, eternal flower child in lace
Suzanna from Spanish Moss- gothic type of vintage with a Californian charm.
and maybe a little of Lindsay Lohan. Again, I love the trashy coke head look.

But most of the style and inspiration comes from men.
A big part of what I like could be described as Keith Richards meets the Cobra Snake.
Steven Hyde from that 70's Show meets Oscar Wilde.
Gram Parsons meets Julian Casablancas.
Robert Plant meet Steve Aoki.
David Bowie and Iggy Pop.

I love the look of the dandy. The suave man in velvet with long brown hair and pouty big lips- like Mick Jagger or Julian Casablancas.
I love the glam and mystery of Bowie. All the colours and costumes.
I love the country times of Gram Parsons. Nudie suits and navaho patterns. The Southern Californian dream.
I love the pure pleasure of Robert Plant. Flowing shirt busting open to a bare chest.
Oh my, so much inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment