Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here to Stay

There are few things that I am unabashed for.
Most of these things involve musical genres (except Disneyland).
Let's break it down: I love hip hop/rap.
This genre has been with me all along, but not as long as country or classic rock
yet, it seems to be a part of me.
Sometimes, I just want to hear the haggard voice of Lil Wayne
the style of Kanye West
the smoothness of Snoop Dogg
the angst of Eminem.
Sometimes, all I want to do is go out
and bust it down to some old school hip hop.
I don't care what the hipsters say.
I would take Snoop over Beach House any day.
I know that hip hop isn't just a passing trend
where every week there is a new buzz band
that releases one great album then disappears.
Hip hop is hear to stay
and it's riding on the giants shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment