Monday, October 11, 2010

Iconic Clash

Bonding over Bowie has reached a whole new level.
Here is a convo. of a Bowie vs. Reed discussion with another blogger:

Pigs and Plans: Lou Reed or David Bowie?

Pigs and Plans: Damn I got all Bowie responses. I take Lou Reed for sure.
He's such a fucking badass. So NYC

Thyme Warp: @PigsAndPlans Bowie is iconic. Reed is more underground.

Pigs and Plans: @ThymeWarp Loud Reed is still an icon. Velvet Underground, Andy Warhol, Punk...he was a big part of the whole scene

Thyme Warp: @PigsAndPlans When I say Bowie, people say "Yes!" When I say Lou Reed, people say "who?"

Pigs and Plans: @ThymeWarp haha ok fine fine Bowies got the name recognition.

Thyme Warp: @PigsAndPlans And yes I agree Reed is an icon but not as well known as Bowie. Not as iconic, if that can be measured.

1 comment:

  1. Impossible choice! Two of the greatest rockers ever. Evaaaar. However, Bowie is the one I'd most like to go to bed with, so I guess I have to pick him.

    ReplyDelete