Monday, October 11, 2010

Let's Drive Until We Meet the Grand Canyon, Baby

The Crystal Cave has become a mess of dishes, wine bottles and cut outs from Vogue and Nylon magazine.

This place is really growing on me. This city is starting to feel like home,despite the fact that I moved here over a year ago.

When I went back to my hometown this weekend, I could barely force myself out of my friends hippie van when we reached our destination.

I thought "why can't we just keep driving? Fuck our families at thanksgiving. Let's drive till we see the cacti. Let's drive till we meet the Grand Canyon." And I know they would go for it, except they are "responsible" stoners, not "spur of the moment" stoners. They still go to work 9-5 and pay the bills, that type of stoners.

So I hopped out of the van, wishing I could be back at the Crystal Cave, drinking wine and blasting the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment