Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Straight Outta Rap City


This is a Classic!
"Classic"- Kanye West, Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, &DJ Premier
It's my dream to get down to this track.

My love for hip hop is broad and it's something that I always try to keep under raps.
But when I go out to dance, what I really want to hear is some electro house
or old school hip hop. Nothing else.
My love from hip hop comes from my babysitting days.
After the kids went to sleep, I had free reign over the tv.
And I was one of those kids without cable tv.
So when I had 7 hours to waste watching it, of course I would
put it on Muchmusic and leave it there streaming pop hits.
Muchmusic use to have this stream called "Rapcity"
and this is where my love was conceived.
Straight outta Rapcity.
My love for Snoop, Dr. Dre, KRS-One, Eminem, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Kanye, Ice Cube, Pharrell, Jay-Z, Outkast, Run, DMX, Nate Dogg, Ice T, Nelly, Luda , LL Cool J and the great, great, great Missi Elliot was birthed here.
Fuck man, bless that Rap City.

No comments:

Post a Comment